We Have Beef With Taco Bell (BRING BACK THE FIESTA POTATOES!!)
In honor of Taco Bell's fallen heroes, their discontinued signature potatoes, Josh is recreating some Taco Bell items that will no longer be available after today. May they rest in peace. MK #032
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/mythicalkitchen?sub_confirmation=1
Check out our podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich!
Apple Podcasts: https://www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw
Snack Smash - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ
Food Fears - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN
Food Feats - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW8XZTagL0oJI4IG7pZ-y792AHI4vIbWD
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at https://mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: https://www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: https://instagram.com/mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: https://youtube.com/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: https://applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: https://youtube.com/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? https://mythical.com/contact
Potatoes - 1:08
Dredge and Bake - 2:51
Live Mas! - 4:51
Step 1: Make the Potatoes
* 2 quart water
* 2 tsp baking soda
* 1 Tbsp salt
* 6 russet potatoes
1) Heat water in a large stock pot on high heat. While waiting for the water to boil, peel your potatoes and cut into ½ inch cubes.
2) When the water starts to boil, add your salt, baking soda, and potatoes and allow to cook for 7 minutes.
3) Strain potatoes in a colander and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
* Vegetable peeler
* Cutting board
* Large sauce pot
Step 2: Dredge and Bake
* 1 portion boiled and cooled potatoes
* ¼ cup Flour
* 2 tbsp Corn starch
* 1 ½ tsp Salt
* ¼ tsp black pepper
* ½ tsp Sugar
* ½ tsp Chili powder
* ½ tsp Onion powder
* ½ tsp Garlic Powder
* 1 tsp Paprika
* ¼ tsp Turmeric
* ½ tsp msg
* ¼ cup Canola oil
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, corn starch, salt, sugar, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and turmeric.
2) Add your potatoes to a second large mixing bowl, coat in canola oil, then toss in flour mixture.
3) Evenly space across a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, then remove and toss potatoes around, and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes.
* Parchment paper
* Baking Sheet
* 2 large mixing bowls
* Metal Spatula
Step 3: Live Mas
* 2 taco flour tortillas
* 2 burrito flour tortillas
* 1 bowl nacho cheese
* 1 ramekin sour cream
* 2 Tbsp mayo
* 1 ½ tsp Arizona Gunslinger
* ½ tsp chili powder
* 1 bowl iceberg lettuce
* 1 bowl shredded mild cheddar
1) Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes: Put potatoes in a bowl. Top with nacho cheese and sour cream.
2) Cheesy Potato Loaded Griller: Heat a burrito-sized tortilla in a sautee pan on medium high heat for 30 seconds, just until pliable then fill with potatoes, cheese, and sour cream, and roll. Griddle it fold side down for an additional minute, until slightly browned, then flip and griddle for another minute.
3) Crispy Potato Soft Taco: Whisk together mayonnaise, hot sauce, and chili powder. Heat a taco-sized tortilla in a sautee pan on medium high heat until pliable and slightly golden brown. Fill with potatoes, top with spicy mayonnaise sauce, shredded iceberg, and cheddar.
* Metal spatula
* 3 Spoons
* 1 square foil
* 1 small bowl