Proloquo2Go - Symbol-based AAC
- kind : software
- genres : Education, Medical
- trackId : 308368164
- version : 5.0.1
- artistId : 308368167
- bundleId : com.assistiveware.proloquo2go
- currency : USD
- features : iosUniversal
- advisories :
- artistName : AssistiveWare
- sellerName : AssistiveWare B.V.
- releaseDate : 2009-04-21T21:38:18Z
- wrapperType : software
- releaseNotes : This version contains bug fixes for the new backup feature. Version 5.0.1 also includes all the major new features recently introduced in Proloquo2Go 5.0:
Search has been on the wish list of our community and of everyone at AssistiveWare for a long time. After thorough investigation of the different ways of implementing, we think it is even better than you expected. The new Search feature has been designed with a clinical perspective; not only will you see the path to the button you’re looking for, Proloquo2Go will also guide you through the path step-by-step. If the searched button is located in your Storage, it will automatically be added to the user’s vocabulary.
To make sure the user’s language skills grow and the user doesn’t become stuck at the same vocabulary, we have introduced switching between levels and grid sizes within the same vocabulary in Proloquo2Go 4. Changing the grid size unfortunately isn’t ideal for the user. As locations of buttons move, the person needs to re-learn how to find words. To make sure users reach their full potential, we recommend hiding buttons and gradually revealing them as user skills grow. However, this is a time-consuming and complicated task. What if Proloquo2Go does this automatically? Our new Progressive Language feature helps to quickly and systematically hide and reveal buttons in a developmental sequence.
The biggest nightmare for all professionals, parents and users: something happens to the app or device, and then realizing that a backup was never made. Fortunately, with Proloquo2Go 5’s automatic backups to Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud, saving a backup is one less thing you have to worry about! When any of these features are enabled, Proloquo2Go will automatically upload a backup whenever an internal backup is made. Note that an internet connection is required to transfer these backups.
Adds Text to Speech to Proloquo2Go for Apple Watch, which allows you to not only show your message to your communication partner but also speak the message out loud
New Tools Pop-up for easy access to actions like copy/paste, switching languages and Search
Several small enhancements and bug fixes
As always this update is free for existing users.
- fileSizeBytes : 723764224
- formattedPrice : $249.99
- primaryGenreId : 6017
- minimumOsVersion : 10.2
- primaryGenreName : Education
- supportedDevices : iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi, iPad23G-iPad23G, iPhone4S-iPhone4S, iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen, iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G, iPhone5-iPhone5, iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen, iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen, iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G, iPadMini-iPadMini, iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G, iPhone5c-iPhone5c, iPhone5s-iPhone5s, iPadAir-iPadAir, iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular, iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina, iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular, iPhone6-iPhone6, iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus, iPadAir2-iPadAir2, iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular, iPadMini3-iPadMini3, iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular, iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen, iPhone6s-iPhone6s, iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus, iPadMini4-iPadMini4, iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular, iPadPro-iPadPro, iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular, iPadPro97-iPadPro97, iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular, iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE, iPhone7-iPhone7, iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus, iPad611-iPad611, iPad612-iPad612
- trackCensoredName : Proloquo2Go - Symbol-based AAC
- languageCodesISO2A : EN, FR, ES
- trackContentRating : 4+
- isGameCenterEnabled :
- contentAdvisoryRating : 4+
- userRatingCountForCurrentVersion : 4
- averageUserRatingForCurrentVersion : 4.5
Proloquo2Go is an award-winning symbol-supported communication app. It provides a voice to over 150,000 individuals who cannot speak. The app is designed to promote language development and grow communication skills. Its innovative features support users, parents, teachers and therapists to quickly personalize the vocabulary and settings.
“Users can open Proloquo2Go and begin to use it for effective communication immediately” – Susan Berkowitz, MS-SLP, AAC Consultant.
Proloquo2Go is used by people with autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy and other diagnoses. It is available in English, Spanish and French, including regional and bilingual support. The app can be used on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch.
Did you know that 200 to 400 words account for 80% of what we say? And that most of these core words are not nouns but verbs, pronouns, prepositions, etc.? Proloquo2Go’s research-based Crescendo™ vocabulary puts core words front and center for easy access. Core words combined with AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) best practices can greatly improve the user’s language development and communication skills. And this is not only for trained therapists; parents, siblings, teachers, friends and peers can and should participate too! Find out more at bit.ly/core-words.
Growth of communication skills
Proloquo2Go is one of the few AAC apps that covers all users, from beginning to advanced communicators. Its research-based Crescendo™ vocabulary offers three levels: Basic Communication, Intermediate Core and Advanced Core. It's easy to switch levels within the same vocabulary while retaining your customizations. To make sure users reach their full potential, we recommend using a large grid size. With Progressive Language you can hide buttons showing only the most important ones, and reveal vocabulary in a developmental sequence as communication skills grow.
To support language development, we have created templates to keep core words on a consistent place throughout the vocabulary. This takes advantage of one of the ways we learn how to do things - motor planning. We have used these templates for the folders we created, but you can also use them to create folders yourself. In addition, Proloquo2Go offers full grammar support that is customizable to the user’s level.
We have pre-programmed Proloquo2Go with over 10,000 words, so you only need to do some fine-tuning to personalize the vocabulary. To add your own buttons you have access to more than 20,000 SymbolStix symbols or you can use your own photos. Quickly create new pages with our (activity) templates. Use the many accessibility settings like scanning for users with fine-motor challenges or Apple’s VoiceOver for users with vision impairments. Buttons, pages, navigation and access - it can all be customized with just a few taps.
• Research-based vocabulary with three levels
• 23 pre-programmed grid sizes
• Core words located consistently throughout the vocabulary for motor planning
• Quick and easy customization
• Many accessibility features for users with fine-motor and visual impairments
• Customizable grammar support for verbs, nouns, pronouns and adjectives
• More than 60 natural-sounding free Text to Speech voices, including children’s voices
We don’t leave you after purchase - our support team is available 7 days a week at [email protected] and always happy to help. To get started watch our free e-learning videos and have a look at our PDF tutorials. Our AssistiveWare Core Word Classroom provides you with resources for AAC implementation. You can also connect with peers on our closed Facebook groups.
Find more detailed info at www.assistiveware.com/proloquo2go. Discounts are available through Apple’s educational Volume Purchase Program. Joan Bruno’s Gateway to Language & Learning© vocabulary is available via in-app purchase (English only).