- kind : software
- genres : Reference, Productivity
- trackId : 314845375
- version : 3.4.14
- artistId : 314845378
- bundleId : uk.co.demon.ritter.gedview
- currency : USD
- features : iosUniversal
- advisories :
- artistName : David Knight
- sellerName : David Knight
- releaseDate : 2009-05-07T23:55:20Z
- wrapperType : software
- releaseNotes : Fixes display of IPv6 import / export addresses.
- fileSizeBytes : 20381696
- formattedPrice : $3.99
- primaryGenreId : 6006
- minimumOsVersion : 6.1
- primaryGenreName : Reference
- supportedDevices : iPhone3GS-iPhone-3GS, iPhone4-iPhone4, iPodTouchFourthGen-iPodTouchFourthGen, iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi, iPad23G-iPad23G, iPhone4S-iPhone4S, iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen, iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G, iPhone5-iPhone5, iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen, iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen, iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G, iPadMini-iPadMini, iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G, iPhone5c-iPhone5c, iPhone5s-iPhone5s, iPadAir-iPadAir, iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular, iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina, iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular, iPhone6-iPhone6, iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus, iPadAir2-iPadAir2, iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular, iPadMini3-iPadMini3, iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular, iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen, iPhone6s-iPhone6s, iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus, iPadMini4-iPadMini4, iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular, iPadPro-iPadPro, iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular, iPadPro97-iPadPro97, iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular, iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE, iPhone7-iPhone7, iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus, iPad611-iPad611, iPad612-iPad612
- trackCensoredName : GedView
- languageCodesISO2A : EN
- trackContentRating : 4+
- isGameCenterEnabled :
- contentAdvisoryRating : 4+
- userRatingCountForCurrentVersion : 2
- averageUserRatingForCurrentVersion : 3
Family tree research is becoming an ever more popular past time. Normally all of your genealogy information is locked away on your computer at home which isn't much use when you are out and about researching local records, or visiting locations such as graveyards, ancestral homes, or family reunions.
This is where GedView comes in. Carry around your entire family tree on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad and have all the data about your ancestors and even current descendants at your fingertips.
You can quickly check up on family relationships, dates / locations of events, and record new information. Despite the name GedView is not just a viewing tool. This includes taking photos, or video anywhere and anytime you like without needing to worry about a potentially costly internet connection. If using an iPhone, or a cellular enabled iPad you can even record your current location to add to any event.
If your tree contains lots of images you can even use GedView as a slideshow, showing all the pictures related to a given event, person, source, family. You can also play back any home movies you have in your tree. Media support is not limited to photos/video. Support is also included for any other file type your iPhone, iPod, or iPad is capable of opening. This may be PDFs, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, mp3 files. If you have an app installed that supports a specific document type and have a document of that type in your tree you will be able to view it via GedView.
Do you have some separate branches in your tree that you haven't connected yet? GedView allows you to store multiple trees so you can easily switch to view distinct branches.
Unlike other apps no specific computer application is required, nor is a subscription to any website. Instead standard GEDCOM files can be imported, These can be encoded as ASCII, ANSI, ANSEL, UTF-8, or UTF-16 and can be added to GedView via WiFi, downloading from a website, via iTunes, or even opened from other apps such as Mail, Safari, Dropbox etc.
While GedView is targeted towards GEDCOM 5.5.1 it will read in any version, and will also support many custom extensions used by other genealogy applications, and because GEDCOM hasn't been added as an after thought imports are fast and efficient.
You can even export GEDCOM files for sharing with family members or other researchers, or to transfer new information to your main computer.
A sample family tree containing the British monarchy is included.
If you have any problems, or suggestions please get in touch via the support email address.