- kind : software
- genres : Games, Simulation
- trackId : 315792821
- version : 1.0.7
- artistId : 293642870
- bundleId : com.horshamonline.apolloeagle
- currency : USD
- features :
- advisories : Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- artistName : Julian James
- sellerName : Julian James
- releaseDate : 2009-05-17T06:01:27Z
- wrapperType : software
- releaseNotes : Support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
- fileSizeBytes : 22020096
- formattedPrice : $0.99
- primaryGenreId : 6014
- minimumOsVersion : 7.0
- primaryGenreName : Games
- supportedDevices : iPhone4-iPhone4, iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi, iPad23G-iPad23G, iPhone4S-iPhone4S, iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen, iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G, iPhone5-iPhone5, iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen, iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen, iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G, iPadMini-iPadMini, iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G, iPhone5c-iPhone5c, iPhone5s-iPhone5s, iPadAir-iPadAir, iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular, iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina, iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular, iPhone6-iPhone6, iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus, iPadAir2-iPadAir2, iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular, iPadMini3-iPadMini3, iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular, iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen, iPhone6s-iPhone6s, iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus, iPadMini4-iPadMini4, iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular, iPadPro-iPadPro, iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular, iPadPro97-iPadPro97, iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular, iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE, iPhone7-iPhone7, iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus, iPad611-iPad611, iPad612-iPad612
- trackCensoredName : Apollo Eagle
- languageCodesISO2A : EN
- trackContentRating : 9+
- isGameCenterEnabled :
- contentAdvisoryRating : 9+
- userRatingCountForCurrentVersion : 2
- averageUserRatingForCurrentVersion : 5
Apollo "Eagle" is a simulation of the final twelve minutes of the landing of "Eagle", the Lunar Module from Apollo 11. This was the "Powered Descent".
The key is to lose the forward velocity before pitching over and landing vertically. For most of the descent the throttle is at 100%.
By adjusting the throttle and pitch you can land safely. As fuel is used up, the mass of the spacecraft correctly reduces. Ideally, you need to have your altitude and forward rates less than 10 fps (feet per second). Altitude and rates are in feet as these units were used on the original landing.
If you fail to land successfully you can use the time slider to rewind to an earlier point in the flight. You can also pause the simulation. The landing info button shows basic information about how to conduct the landing. This will also pause the simulation.
The home button will return you to the title screen.
You can attempt a full landing or select a practice version. The resume option will return to the previous full landing attempt. The
accelerometer changes your view point.
Check out Zone Warrior which is also available on the App Store.
Astronomical apps Moon Atlas, Mars Atlas, Venus Atlas and Planisphere are also available on the App Store.